09 November 2010

Back in Sevilla!

Hey everyone! I made it back to Sevilla without any problems. I left the U.S. on Sunday at about 11AM EST and arrived in my apartment at about 2PM Spain time. Quite the day of traveling! Overall it was a really great trip. The interview went well, and after those two stressful days were over I could relax and enjoy the weekend with my friends and family. My parents and brother were able to come visit me in Winston-Salem so we got to have a family dinner that served as a celebration of my brother's birthday and Thanksgiving and Christmas all at once!



I got back yesterday to a nice welcome from my roommates and friends here. It's nice to feel like I was missed :) After a seriously necessary power nap, I felt more like a functioning human being and was able to unpack and get re-settled. Later that night I had a Rotary-Sevilla meeting, which was nice for several reasons. It was good to reconnect with Alfredo and some of the other Rotarians. It was also good because it forced me to stay awake until a reasonable hour, and finally, it was great because I got food because I had nothing in my apartment! There was a special guest at this meeting, an organization in Sevilla that is dedicated to helping people who suffer from mental illnesses, whether it is a person themselves or their family. It provoked a very interesting discussion and it was exciting to see people get so passionate about something. Hopefully the club will be able to organize something to work with the program in the future.

This morning I met with a professor at my school to set up a research project. They are in the process of submitting a few articles for publication, so once those are submitted we are going to start working on a different project. Other than that I am just trying to get over this jet lag and get caught up on my school work so I can get back into a normal routine! This week is my roommate Iván's birthday and my aunt Donna is coming on Friday, so it is going to be a busy week!! Hasta luego!

No comments: