23 November 2010

Is it really Thanksgiving already?!

Time is just flying by! I can't believe it. Here are a few updates on what I've been up to, and the busy week I have ahead of me!

This weekend Andy and I went on a little excursion down south. On Friday his roommate Álvaro had a concert (he plays guitar in a band) in Cádiz, so we tagged along to see his band perform. Saturday we spent the day/night in Jerez de la Frontera, which was a lot of fun. A lot of my friends here are from the Cádiz/Jerez area, so it was cool to get to see it. It was a really fun weekend.

Strangely enough, I will be returning to Jerez tonight for a Rotary meeting. Ignacio let me know last night (very typical Spain - last minute :) ). Normally the Jerez club meets during the day on Tuesdays, which is tricky for me because I have class then, but tonight is a special occasion so the meeting is going to be in the evening. I'm still not entirely clear as to what the special occasion is, but I'll let you know after the meeting!

The rest of my week is going to be whirlwind! I'm heading to Jerez tonight and likely won't get back until late, which means I will have to spend most of tomorrow catching up on work and research. Tomorrow afternoon I have prácticas from 4 to 8. Thursday (Thanksgiving, yay!) I have meetings in the morning, class in the afternoon, then a Thanksgiving dinner with some American friends. It will be fun to celebrate Thanksgiving a little bit, even if I don't get to spend it with my family. Then Friday is the day we've all been waiting for, Sevillana del Año! All day Saturday I will be at the hotel helping to organize raffle items and get the tables organized for the big event. At 7 I will be free to run home, change into my formal wear, and head back for the dinner itself. My friend Ana from class is coming along to, so it will be nice to have a friend! I think as "young people" we are responsible for selling the raffle tickets and distributing prizes, but again, I'm still unclear as to what exactly I have to do. I just go with the flow and do what I'm told :)

So as you can, quite the busy week! I'll try to post updates as things happen, but if I'm not able to then expect a monster of a post this weekend covering everything!

No comments: