Hey everyone! So I have been living in Sevilla for the past 7 months now (I can't believe it's been that long!), and you may be wondering, what's next? What am I doing when I make my triumphant return to the U.S.A.? As you may or may not know, I spent the summer before I came to Spain applying to medical school. Specifically to dual degree programs that allow you to earn your MD and PhD simultaneously in a 7-8 year program. This dual degree trains students to be physician-scientists, researchers who focus on integrating clinical medicine with medical research in the lab. After the daunting interview season (made even more so by transatlantic travel), I received acceptances from several schools. I am happy to be able to formally announce that next year I will be joining the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine as a member of its Medical Scientist Training Program and working to earn my MD/PhD.
I will be getting back to Cincinnati on June 18th and will have just 2 short weeks before I move to Cleveland to start the next phase of my life. I am very excited about what my medical and graduate education, as well as the rest of my career, will hold. That being said, I am trying to live in the moment and soak up every second of the time I have left here in Spain. I feel extremely blessed to have had this experience and look forward to what the next two months have in store. Exciting Spanish events that the future holds: Semana Santa (Holy Week celebrations), Feria de Abril (the Spring festival in Sevilla, complete with lots of flamenco dancing), several more visits from friends and family, the Rotary District 2203 Conference to be held in El Rocío (a romería, more to come as the time approaches), and much more. Thanks to those who are reading for sticking with me on this adventure and I will post again after Semana Santa!
No comments:
Post a Comment